Do you desire to study UG courses at NMIMS? Well, you must secure good marks in the entrance examination NPAT conducted by NMIMS every year.
So, we have curated great preparation tips for NPAT in this post by our mentors at SuperGrads. Following these tips would help you attempt maximum questions in the NPAT exam.
So, what are you looking for? Well, check out the NPAT exam Preparation Tips provided by BYJU’s Exam Prep in this blog and improve your speed and time management skills to crack the NPAT exam on the first attempt.
How to Prepare for NPAT 2022 Exam?
Basically, the NPAT exam paper consists of threes sections: Reasoning and general intelligence, quantitative and numerical ability, and English. However, you should have a good hold on all these subjects to ace the entrance exam.
That is why speed and accuracy are important factors in the NPAT Exam. Apart from this, you should build a good vocabulary and increase your reading speed without compromising on accuracy.
How To Practice GK And Reasoning For The NPAT Exam
- Basically, this section mainly tests your critical and analytical thinking.
- You should be very careful while analyzing the given scenario before proceeding with conclusions.
- Apart from that, in the data sufficiency topic, analyze if the given information is sufficient or not to solve the query.
- The numerical reasoning section identifies the class and sub-class relationship within a given group of items and illustrates it into diagrams for comprehension.
- Data Interpretation is a very easy level of questions that could be attempted by going through the graphs provided.
- Well, while solving spatial reasoning, select a figure from the alternatives that match the relationship specified by the given figural pair.
- You should check for common patterns available in the figures to identify the missing figures.
How To Practice English
- To score well in the English section, ensure to be thorough with basic concepts of grammar, tenses, prepositions, determiners, and connectivities.
- You should read the given passage carefully and understand it well in the Reading Comprehension section.
- Read newspapers, novels, and take up Daily English Quiz to improve your grammar and vocabulary.
- You should take up Mock Tests regularly to analyze your preparation levels.
How To Practice Quantitative & Numerical Ability
In the Quantitive and Numerical ability section, most of the questions are from profit & loss, time & work, time, speed & distance, simple & compound interest. If you are fast with calculations, you can easily attempt more questions and score well in the exam.
- So, the first trick is to memorize all the important basic formulas and revise them daily.
- You should try to complete the syllabus before one or two weeks of the exam to get time for revision.
- As NPAT is a speed-based test, you must solve problems quickly with accuracy.
- Learn all the shortcuts to solve the problems in less time.
- Solve NPAT Question Papers to improve your time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Also, attempt mock tests every week to test your preparation levels.
BYJU’s Exam Prep has summarized the important topics of each section below. Check the NPAT Syllabus for each section below.
Quantitative & Numerical Ability
Number System, Arithmetic, Algebra, Sets and Functions, Elementary Statistics & Probability, Trigonometry
Reasoning & General Intelligence
Spatial Reasoning, Critical Thinking, Verbal-logical reasoning, Data sufficiency, Numerical Reasoning, Data Interpretation,
Reading Comprehension, Error Recognition, Applied Grammar, Vocabulary, Contextual Usage, Sequencing of Ideas
- Quantitative and Numerical Ability Books: Quantitative Aptitude Numerical Ability – 1276: Numerical Ability (Fully Solved) 7000 + Objective Questions by Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran
- Reasoning and GI: General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning 2016 by S Chand Experts
- English Language Book: Objective General English (Old Edition) Paperback – 2011 by R.S. Aggarwal
- For Design Sensibility and Awareness: UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude Institute of Creative Sciences
- Observation and Problem Solving Book: The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition Kindle Edition by Don Norman